- The Archaeological Museum of Skyros (tel.91327)
- The Historical & Folkloric Museum of Manos Faltaits (tel.91232) and its ´skyrian house´ representation of the local traditional residence.
- The Byzantine castle and the Monastery of St.George.
- The prehistoric fortified settlement and the excavations at Palamari (2500-1800 BC)
- The ancient quarries at the region Pouria.
- The endemic ,of a rare protected species, ponies of Skyros.
- The south of Skyros ,the sea caves and Sarakino islet via boat trips.
- The pine forests of the north part and the rocky and wild Cycladic south
- The workshops of the carved wooden furniture and pottery.
- The famous Skyrian Carnival (Late February)
Every house in Skyros even the poorest is a living museum of popular art, with hand carved furniture and handicrafts. In the folk art shops you will be able to find beautiful hand carved stools, emboidered articles , hand woven materials, rugs, original clay and cooper utensils, chests and furniture.Also of great interest is the original architecture of the houses, with their pebbled entrances, picturesque roofs, hearth and other impressive features.
The island has many sandy beaches for swimming : Atsitsa, Kyra Panagia, Magazia-Molos, Aspous (in front of Mealos apartments), Pefcos, Kalamitsa , Kareflou , Agalipa,Limanaki,Agios Petros ,Kolymbada etc
In most of these places you will find small tavernas which offer fresh fish, lobsters and many Greek and Skyrian specialties.